Turmeric – the spice that gives curry its dominant flavor – doubles as the perfect base for an anti-inflammatory beauty mask. This powerful herb promotes skin healing by slowing cell damage and diminishing pesky wrinkles. While the mask won’t stain your face indefinitely, coconut or jojoba oil is ideal for removing any yellow residue.
- 1/2 teaspoon organic ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon Manuka honey
- 1/2 teaspoon nut milk (see recipe)
- 1-2 drops 100% pure tea tree essential oil
- Coconut or jojoba oil for mask removal
- Fork or whisk
Mix together the ingredients in a small bowl using a fork. Apply the mask with a paintbrush, careful not to let the staining mixture touch any of your clothing. Enjoy the benefits of the mask for 20 minutes before removing with warm water and oil.