These pumpkin spice crepes – stuffed with almond butter and studded with toasted pecans – are the ultimate self-indulgent snack for famished foodies everywhere.
Pumpkin Spice Crepes:
- 3 organic pasture-raised eggs
- 1/4 cup organic unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1 ripe banana, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon organic pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon organic pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon organic ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan or Celtic sea salt
- Organic, unrefined coconut oil
- Dry-roasted almond butter
- Organic dry-roasted pecans, chopped
- Organic maple syrup
- 100% raw cacao powder
- Frozen wild blueberries, thawed
- Sliced banana
- High-powered blender (such as a Vitamix)
- Frying pan
- Flat spatula
Place the pancake ingredients in a blender and mix until fully incorporated.
Coat a frying pan with coconut oil. Over medium heat, add enough batter to make the desired pancake size. As bubbles begin to appear, flip the pancake and let it sit for another minute or two until browned on both sides.
Remove from the heat and plate.
At this point, if desired, spread almond butter across the surface of the pancake. Roll or fold the pancake gently into a crepe, then top with nuts, fruit, or preferred ingredients. Finish with a splash of maple syrup.
If you’re trying to avoid unrefined sugars like maple syrup, consider mixing coconut oil and 100% raw cacao powder together for a bitter chocolate sauce. Alternatively, thaw frozen wild blueberries in a glass to collect the juice and soften the fruit: the final product being a jam-like topping.
Store leftover batter in the refrigerator, covered.
Serving Size: makes 6-8 pancakes, depending on batter pour