Pecan butter balls, rolled in a thick layer of unsweetened, shredded coconut and boasting soft segments of luxurious dates with complementary undertones of vanilla and cinnamon, enchant with their subtly sweet flavor profile and delicate texture.
Pecan Butter Balls:
- 1/2 cup raw organic pecans
- 1/2 cup raw organic walnuts
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, divided in two parts (use more, if needed)
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon organic unrefined coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon organic ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan or Celtic sea salt
- Food processor
- Baking Sheet
Place the dates in a bowl, cover with hot water and let them sit for 20 minutes. Drain and rinse the dates, then set aside.
Blend the pecans, walnuts, and 1/2 cup shredded coconut in a food processor until crumbly. Add the dates, coconut oil, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt, and blend until fully incorporated.
Divide the date-nut batter by forming it into 12 uniform balls.
Spread the remaining 1/2 cup shredded coconut on a plate. Roll each date-nut ball in the coconut to create a thick coating and place the balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Freshen the plate with additional shredded coconut if needed.
Allow the balls to harden in the freezer on the baking sheet for at least an hour before serving. Transfer the balls to an airtight container and store in the freezer until further need. The balls will remain relatively soft.