This Manuka turmeric beauty mask soothes with its honey scent and sparkles with golden spice. It’s made only of ingredients found in your kitchen that contain anti-inflammatory properties with topical benefits.
Skin is our largest organ, and the products we use impact our microbiome. It’s important to nourish our outermost layer, just as we support our gut health through nutrient-dense foods.
Manuka Turmeric Beauty Mask:
- 2 teaspoons Manuka honey
- 1 teaspoon homemade nut milk (optional; if on hand)
- 1/2 teaspoon jojoba, coconut, or almond oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Fork or whisk
Mix together the ingredients in a small bowl using a whisk or fork. Apply the mask to your face with a paintbrush, careful not to let the staining mixture touch any of your clothing.
Enjoy the benefits of the mask for 10 minutes before removing with warm water and oil of choice. Gentle cleansing can help to remove any remaining yellow residue. Moisturize with your preferred facial cream following your mask removal.
Like any skincare product, consider spot-testing first if you have a history of sensitivity reactions.
- My Manuka honey brand of choice is Wedderspoon, a New Zealand company that produces honey products which are raw and unpasteurized (allowing live enzymes to survive), as well as pesticide-free.
- For more information on the chemicals found in everyday products, check out the Environmental Working Group’s Skin Deep Database.
Disclaimer: Material presented on this website should not be considered medical advice. Always speak to your doctor or qualified health provider to determine what’s right for your health plan.