Ruffly leaves of kale and sweet basil, peppered with pistachios and crumbly cashews, blend together beautifully, under the gentle guidance of fresh lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil.
Kale Pistachio Pesto:
- 2 cups fresh kale, chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil, packed
- 1/8 cup dry-roasted pistachios
- 1 tablespoon cashew seed crumble (recipe found here)
- 1/8 teaspoon pink Himalayan or Celtic sea salt
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Place the kale and basil in a food processor and pulse until the greens are finely chopped.
Add the nuts and seed crumble, salt, olive oil and lemon juice, and blend until completely incorporated.
Store in the refrigerator for immediate use, or freeze for future feasting.