Mere salads pale in comparison when placed near this glorious spread of refreshing grapefruit, creamy avocado, and chopped pistachios. Featured by a bed of sunflower sprouts, and dripping with freshly squeezed lemon juice, this creation is the perfect marriage of summer colors, soft textures, and transcendental taste.
Grapefruit Pistachio Salad:
- 1 avocado, peeled, and thickly sliced in rounds
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and cut into rings
- ¼ cup organic dry-roasted pistachios, chopped
- Handful of organic sunflower sprouts or arugula
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Pink Himalyan sea salt or Celtic sea salt, to taste
- Freshly cracked pepper, to taste
Spread a handful of sunflower sprouts across a plate.
Place alternating slices of avocado and grapefruit on top or near the greens.
Sprinkle pistachios on top of the salad and drizzle with lemon juice. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, as needed.