A flaky chocolate crust cradles decadently dark ganache, enhanced with sweet slices of seasonal strawberries and cooling bites of fresh mint.
- 1 3/4 cups organic almond flour
- 1/4 cup 100% raw cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons organic maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons organic unrefined coconut oil, melted (extra for coating the tart pan)
- Pinch of pink Himalayan or Celtic sea salt
- 3/4 cup organic maple syrup
- 3/4 cup organic unrefined coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon organic vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Pink Himalayan or Celtic Sea Salt
- 1 1/2 cups organic 100% raw cacao powder
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract for chocolate-mint ganache
- 5-6 fresh organic strawberries, sliced
- 1/8 cup organic mint tops
- Oven: preheated to 350 degrees
- 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom
- Food processor
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Lightly grease a 9-inch tart pan (with removable bottom) with extra coconut oil.
To make the crust, mix together the flour, cacao powder, salt, syrup and coconut oil in a food processor or knead the ingredients together in a bowl.
Press the dough evenly into the bottom and sides of the tart pan.
Bake the dough for approximately 18-20 minutes, until firm to the touch. The baked shell can be made up to one day in advance and kept, wrapped, at room temperature.
To make the ganache, blend the syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and salt in a food processor until smooth. Optional splash of peppermint extract for chocolate-mint ganache flavor. Add in the raw cacao and mix thoroughly. Pour the ganache into the chilled tart shell, smoothing the surface of the chocolate with a spatula.
Arrange fresh, sliced strawberries across the top and the tops of mint leaves.
Return the tart to the refrigerator and let it set for at least 30 minutes before serving.