Creamy carrot soup, speckled with parsley, presents a sweet stage for every ingredient to shine.
Creamy Carrot Soup:
- 2 tablespoons organic, extra virgin olive oil
- 8-10 organic carrots (2 pounds), chopped in a medium dice
- 1/2 teaspoon pink Himalayan or Celtic sea salt
- 2 organic onions, chopped in a medium dice
- 4 organic garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups filtered water
- 3/4 teaspoon organic ground ginger (more depending on heat preference)
- 1 teaspoon organic ground coriander
- Optional garnish: chopped parsley leaves
- Medium stock pot
- Blender or immersion blender
Warm olive oil over medium-heat in a soup pot. Add the diced onions and allow them to become translucent, around 5 minutes. Add the diced carrots and salt and fold the mixture together to incorporate completely. Cover the soup pot and allow the vegetables to cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Remove the lid to stir in the garlic, ginger, coriander – mixing thoroughly for a minute as the spices become aromatic. Add the water (or stock) and bring the soup to a boil.
Reduce the heat until the liquid begins to simmer and cook, covered, for about 30 minutes.
Puree the soup with a handheld immersion blender or high-powered blender (such as a Vitamix) until completely smooth and creamy, adding additional water if you desire a thinner finish. Finish with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with greens.