Frozen banana slices, suspended in layers of decadently dark chocolate ganache and creamy nut butter, make these bars altogether irresistible. Loaded with potassium and magnesium, these sweet treats will elevate your mood and boost your energy.
- 1/2 cup organic maple syrup
- 1/2 cup organic, unrefined coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
- 1/8 cup homemade cashew milk (see recipe here):
- 1 cup organic 100% raw cacao powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan or Celtic sea salt
- Unsweetened nut butter
- 2-3 bananas, peeled and sliced thinly
- Food processor
- Bread pan and parchment paper
- OR muffin pan and liners
To make the ganache, blend the syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract and cashew milk in a food processor until smooth. Add in the raw cacao and salt and mix thoroughly. Divide the mixture into two parts, in preparation of the layers.
Line a bread pan with parchment paper. Pour in half of the ganache, then place in the freezer for 10-15 minutes. Remove from the freezer and spread a thick layer of nut butter across the hard ganache. At this point, if desired, place slices of banana across the top of the butter. Return to the freezer for an additional 10-15 minutes. Remove from the freezer and pour the rest of the ganache over the bananas. Return to the freezer until ready to serve.
Alternatively, line a muffin pan with cupcake liners and layer the ganache, nut butter, and banana as desired, cooling each layer in the freezer.