Soft medjool dates, stuffed with shredded coconut, infused with Manuka honey, and dipped in a velvety mixture of melted cacao, are potent treats for any dessert table. Rich, satisfying, and utterly seductive, these elegant delicacies are perfect for a little self-indulgence any time of the day or night.
- 1/4 cup organic unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoons organic, unrefined coconut oil
- 1/2 tablespoon Manuka honey
- 12 Medjool dates (depending on size)
- Alternative filling: raw nut butter
- 4 tablespoons organic, unrefined coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon homemade cashew milk (see recipe here):
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup 100% raw cacao powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pink Himalayan or Celtic sea salt
- Tall glass
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Thin skewer
Mix the shredded coconut, coconut oil, and honey together in a small bowl, then spread the mixture across a chopping board and use a knife to finely chop the shredded coconut, allowing it to blend more seamlessly with the other ingredients.
Slice the top of each date open to remove the pit, careful not to cut all the way through. Stuff each date with the coconut mixture, then pinch the ends of the date to somewhat close the dried fruit and to secure the coconut inside. Place the stuffed dates on a lined baking sheet in the freezer for 20 minutes.
*Alternatively, stuff the dates with nut butter rather than the coconut concoction*
Mix together the coconut oil, maple syrup, cashew milk, vanilla, raw cacao and salt. Pour the mixture into a tall glass.
When the dates are firm from the freezer, use a thin skewer to anchor each date and dip it in the glass of melted chocolate, then transfer the date back to the lined baking sheet. Immediately sprinkle with additional shredded coconut. Let the dates set in the refrigerator before transferring them to an airtight container to be stored.
Serve cold or at room temperature.