This double chocolate loaf serves as a filling breakfast or deeply satisfying afternoon snack. Boasting an exotic array of antioxidants and essential minerals, each bite is guaranteed to elevate your mood and boost your immunity. Chocolate as medicine? Sounds about right to me.
Double Cacao Banana Bread:
- 4 ripe bananas
- 3 organic, pasture-raised eggs
- 1/2 cup dry-roasted almond or peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup organic almond flour (such as Bob’s Red Mill)
- 5 tablespoons organic coconut flour
- 1/2 cup organic 100% raw cacao powder (such as Navitas)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan or Celtic sea salt
- 3/4 cup chopped dairy-free chocolate bar, such as Elements Truffles or Hu Chocolate (soy-free, refined-sugar free)
- Oven: preheated to 350 degrees
- Bread pan, lined with parchment paper
- Alternatively use a disposable paper pan
- Food processor
- Cooling rack
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a bread pan with parchment paper.
Blend the bananas, eggs, nut butter and vanilla extract in a food processor until smooth.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond and coconut flour, raw cacao powder, baking soda, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt. Add the dry mixture to the food processor and mix until fully integrated. Fold in the chopped chocolate and pour the batter evenly into the bread pan. Sprinkle additional chopped chocolate on top, if desired.
Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 30 minutes before removing the bread (with the parchment still attached) out of the pan. Peel back the parchment, transfer the bread to a cooling rack and allow it to finish cooling. Wrap and store in the refrigerator. Alternatively, slice generous pieces and freeze in individual bags for later consumption.