Simply put, this smooth, decadently dark cacao-avocado pudding is a food purist’s dream. Sweetened only by fruit, requiring 5 ingredients and a matter of minutes to whip together, this chic yet unpretentious treat is the perfect finale to an evening of clean eating.
Cacao Avocado Pudding:
- 1 large, ripe avocado
- 1/3 cup 100% raw cacao powder
- 1/3 cup of date paste (see below)
- 5 tablespoons homemade cashew milk (see recipe)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup medjool dates, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup filtered hot water (brought to a simmer)
- High-powered blender (such as a vitamix)
- Immersion Blender (if desired)
To make the date paste, place the chopped dates in a medium bowl. Pour simmering water over the dates and let soak for 20 minutes. Blend the liquid and fruit until smooth. Use 1/3 cup to sweeten the pudding. Store the rest in the refrigerator as a sugar substitute.
Blend the ingredients in a high-powered blender until smooth and creamy. If desired, use a handheld blender to whip air into the mixture for a fluffier texture. Should the pudding still be lumpy, blend in more cashew milk.
Store in the refrigerator until ready to consume. Top with pink Himalayan or Celtic sea salt, fresh raspberries, or unsweetened coconut flakes.