A vibrant union of peppers, onions and exotic spices frame soft morsels of slow-cooked chicken steeped in bone broth and pumpkin puree. A few slurps of this savory stew will transport you to a brighter, warmer world within seconds.
- 2 cups organic carrots, medium dice
- 1 cup organic bell peppers, medium dice, seeds and stems discarded
- 3 cups organic red onion, medium dice
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 1/2-3 lbs organic chicken breasts, bone-in
- 3 teaspoons organic ground chili powder
- 3 teaspoons organic ground paprika
- 3 teaspoons organic ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons organic ground garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons pink Himalayan or Celtic sea salt
- 2 cups unsweetened organic pumpkin puree (or ~1 can)
- 2 cups Kettle & Fire chicken bone broth (no additives)
- 1/4 cup organic cilantro, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup organic parsley, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup scallions (green and white parts), chopped finely
- 1 avocado, diced
- Crockpot or Slow-Cooker
Chop the red onions and bell peppers (with seeds and stems discarded) into a medium dice.
Place the chicken breasts at the bottom of the crockpot. Add the vegetables and spices, then the pumpkin puree on top. Pour the bone broth over the top layer.
Set the crockpot to the ‘low’ setting and the time to 6 hours. After 6 hours, temporarily remove the now-cooked chicken and shred the breasts with a fork and knife. Return the shredded chicken to the pot and stir the stew, allowing the ingredients and spices to become more incorporated.
Cook on low for an additional 30 minutes, then stir in the cilantro and parsley. Season with additional salt and pepper as necessary. Top individual bowls with scallions and avocado.