Decadently dark layers of chocolate ganache cradle smooth, creamy cashew butter and the sweetest raspberry chia jam to ever stain your fingertips.
- 1/2 cup organic maple syrup
- 1/2 cup organic unrefined coconut oil, melted
- 1/8 cup homemade cashew milk (recipe found here):
- 2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
- 1 cup organic 100% raw cacao powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Celtic or Pink Himalayan sea salt
- 7 tablespoons raw organic cashew nut butter (such as Artisana), with the option to add more if a thicker layer is preferred
- 1 cup frozen organic raspberries
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon filtered water
- Muffin tin
- 7 muffin liners
- Food processor
Place seven liners in the muffin tin.
To make the ganache, mix the ingredients together in a food processor.
Divide the ganache in half. Working with the first half, distribute the chocolate evenly among the 7 muffin liners, smoothing the top with a small knife. Place in the refrigerator for 5 minutes.
While the bottom layer of the ganache is hardening, place the frozen raspberries, chia seeds and water in a small bowl. Microwave the bowl for 40-60 seconds, or until the berries have thawed. Use a fork to mash the berries, releasing more juice and water from any remaining ice on the berries. Mix the concoction together until combined.
Remove the muffin tin from the refrigerator and spoon cashew butter on top of the first ganache layer, smoothing the top with a small knife. Spoon the raspberry jam on top of the cashew layer, distributing the jam evenly. Working quickly, spread the final layer of ganache (using the other half of the chocolate mixture) on top of the chia jam.
Place the muffin tin in the freezer for a final 10 minutes of cooling, then store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.