A melt-in-your-mouth layer of cashew and coconut is upstaged only by the dreamily dark chocolate ganache spread across the top, with notes of maple and vanilla playing on the palate.
- 1 cup organic raw cashews
- 1/2 tablespoon organic maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unrefined coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic or Pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1/4 cup organic maple syrup
- 1/4 cup organic unrefined coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup organic 100% raw cacao powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Celtic or Pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1/4 cup organic raw cashews, chopped coarsely
- Food processor
- Bread pan
- Parchment paper
To make the cashew bar, blend the cashews in the food processor until fine. Add the syrup, coconut oil, and salt, and continue to mix until a smooth dough forms.
Line a bread pan with parchment paper. Press the dough evenly into the bottom of the pan, creating a flat layer. Place the pan in the freezer for at least 15 minutes to harden.
During this waiting period, make the ganache by blending the syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla extract in the clean food processor until smooth. Add in the raw cacao and salt and mix thoroughly.
Remove the bread pan from the freezer and pour the ganache over the cashew layer, creating another smooth layer. For a thicker chocolate layer, the ganache recipe can be doubled.
Sprinkle the coarsely chopped raw cashews on top, pressing down lightly to ensure they stick.
Return to the freezer for another 15 minutes, or until the chocolate has completely hardened. At this point you can cut the bar into squares or rectangles, wrap in plastic, and then return to the freezer, stored until ready to serve.