This carrot bell pepper soup pops with bright roasted vegetables, a vivid medley further enhanced by the sweetness of fresh orange juice and mild crunch of chopped chives.
Bone broth is my nourishing base-of-choice in this recipe because it’s easy to digest, helps to heal an inflamed gut, and has immune-boosting properties. While bone broth isn’t a rich-source of calcium, it offers collagen and minerals that are just as important for maintaining joint and bone health.
Carrot Bell Pepper Soup: Serves 6
- 6 cups chopped carrots, cut in 1/2 inch thick rounds
- 1 onion, prepared in a medium dice
- 1 bell pepper, prepared in a medium dice
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 cups chicken bone broth
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives or parsley (garnish)
- Oven preheated to 425 degrees F
- 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper
- Large stock pot
- High-powered blender
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Prepare the roasted vegetables by washing and chopping the carrots, bell pepper and onion. Toss in a bowl with 2 tablespoons avocado oil and 1 teaspoon salt. Spread the vegetables across 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Roast for 45 minutes.
Once the chopped vegetables are fully roasted, working in batches to blend the roasted vegetables with the bone broth and orange juice in a high-powered blender, until smooth in texture. The Vitamix 1-minute “smoothie” feature, for example, works wonders for complete blending.
Return the now-blended soup to a large stock pot. Season with an additional 1/2 teaspoon salt (or more, to taste) and 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper (more to taste, as desired). Serve this carrot bell pepper soup with a garnish of chopped chives or parsley.
- Look for brands such as Kettle & Fire Bone Broth which use only organic ingredients (no emulsifiers or “natural” flavors), and include apple cider vinegar (which can help to draw out bone gelatin during the cooking process), enhancing the broth’s overall benefits and richness.
- Consider accompanying this delightful soup with my delicious multi-seed crackers for added crunch.
Disclaimer: Material presented on this website should not be considered medical advice. Always speak to your doctor or qualified health provider to determine what’s right for your health plan.