Black Sesame Chocolate Mousse, sweetened with maple syrup and embellished with notes of vanilla and cinnamon, will delight your palate with each rich spoonful. Topped with a final flourish of whipped almond milk and sprinkle of seeds, this decadently dark dessert is a plant-based dream.
I’ve partnered with Three Trees Organics to feature their new product, Organic Black Sesame Nut & Seed Milk, made with filtered water, organic almonds, organic black sesame seeds, organic dates, and pink Himalayan sea salt.
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked according to instructions
- 3/4 cup Three Trees Black Sesame Milk
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unrefined coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup 100% raw cacao powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt
Optional Topping Ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons Three Trees Black Sesame Milk or Three Trees Almond MIlk
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- Sprinkle of black sesame seeds
Begin preparing the mousse by soaking the cashews in water. Place the nuts in a small bowl and fill the bowl to the top with water. Allow the cashews to soak for at least 4 hours (or overnight). After soaking, drain and rinse the cashews, discarding the water.
In a high-powered blender, such as a Vitamix, blend all of the mousse ingredients on high for about a minute, or until completely smooth and creamy, yielding about 2 cups of mousse. Divide the mousse into ramekins (for serving) and place in the refrigerator for 4 hours to fully set.
To make the optional whipped milk topping, mix 3 tablespoons Three Trees Milk with ½ teaspoon maple syrup in a small bowl. Use a milk frother to whip the milk. Let the frothed milk set in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. Spoon the cold frothed milk on top of the chocolate mousse. Sprinkle black sesame seeds on top and serve cold.