This black sesame cacao smoothie is satisfying with every silky slurp, featuring Three Trees black sesame milk, raw cacao powder and a dash of savory cinnamon for aromatic enhancement.
Black Sesame Cacao Smoothie:
- 1 banana, previously sliced and frozen
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 3/4 cup Three Trees Black Sesame Milk
- 2 tablespoons 100% raw cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3-4 ice cubes
- Optional toppings: raw cacao nibs, unsweetened coconut flakes, black sesame seeds
- High-powered blender
Blend the smoothie ingredients in a high-powered blender. Add ice cubes, as necessary, for a thicker consistency.
Personalize your smoothie with your preferred toppings.
- I’ve partnered with Three Trees Organics to feature their Organic Black Sesame Nut & Seed Milk. Three Trees products are free of emulsifiers, oils and additives, unlike most nut milks on the market. If you love black sesame like I do, you may also enjoy my Black Sesame Chocolate Mousse.
- If you have a surplus of raw nuts in your kitchen, experiment by making your own homemade nut milk. Try my easy homemade cashew milk and homemade almond milk recipes, which I use in many of my dishes.
- If you’re making your own nut milk, don’t forget to soak the nuts (and some seeds) in salt water before blending. Salt neutralizes enzyme inhibitors found in nuts and seeds (that otherwise would cause digestive distress). Soaking also increases the bioavailability of micronutrients found in the nuts, making it an essential part of your nutrition regime.
Disclaimer: Material presented on this website should not be considered medical advice. Always speak to your doctor or qualified health provider to determine what’s right for your health plan.